Full of wealthy cocoa and peanut butter flavors, this Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffin recipe is a superbly comfortable and nutritious solution to begin the day. And since they retailer so effectively within the fridge—and virtually style higher as they sit—they’re an amazing make-ahead toddler breakfast choice.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
The primary time I made this model of a Peanut Butter Muffin, we have been within the midst of nighttime potty coaching and I principally didn’t have an honest night time of sleep for 3 months. It was tough on the kiddo, too, and we have been typically grumpy and dragging within the mornings. These muffins saved us greater than as soon as, as I discovered that making a particular breakfast actually helped to enhance my temper.
With decadent chocolate taste and balanced vitamin they’re so good heat out of the oven or served from the fridge later within the week. (They’re additionally nice for Valentine’s Day breakfast.)
I like to make use of rolled oats as the bottom for a lot of of my muffins since they add vitamin and are a reasonable gluten-free flour choice for these households who want it. They work very well on this chocolate muffin recipe. I grind rolled oats in my blender to make an excellent simple flour. You may also purchase oat flour on the retailer for those who choose.
This recipe additionally has almond meal for extra fiber and moisture and helps the muffins keep away from drying out. Principally although, they simply have the yummiest taste, particularly when served chilly from the fridge.
Your toddler received’t eat? Assistance is right here!
Join our e mail updates to get ideas and concepts despatched to your inbox.
Substances You Want
To make this recipe, you’ll want the next pantry staples so what to have or decide up on the retailer.
- Peanut butter: I exploit unsweetened creamy peanut butter, which blends into the batter properly. You may also use one other nut or seed butter similar to cashew or almond butter.
- Bananas: Very ripe bananas add moisture and sweetness to those muffins.
- Oats: Common rolled oats work effectively right here. They’re typically referred to as “old style oats.
- Almond meal: I don’t use this typically, but it surely provides good texture and taste right here. In the event you don’t have it, simply use further oats. The muffins could also be finished baking a little bit ahead of the recipe says.
- Cocoa powder: I exploit the unsweetened sort of cocoa powder right here.
- Eggs: Eggs assist the batter maintain collectively and add fluffiness to the top outcome.
- Vanilla extract
- Honey: I exploit honey to sweetened these muffins, although you need to use maple syrup as an alternative of honey for those who choose. (Keep away from honey for teenagers beneath age 1.)
Right here’s a take a look at the right way to make these muffins so what to anticipate from the method. Scroll all the way down to the underside of the put up for the complete data.
- Grind up the dry components within the blender.
- Add the remainder of the components and mix right into a easy batter.
- Divide the batter evenly amongst a greased muffin pan. (I choose to make use of nonstick spray for the most effective outcomes right here).
- Bake! Then attempt to let cool earlier than consuming all of them.
Dairy-Free Chocolate Muffin Recipe
You probably have a dairy allergy or sensitivity in your home, these muffins are made with out dairy. Which is sweet as a result of there’s no adjusting wanted to make a scrumptious batch of chocolate muffins!
Tips on how to Retailer
Retailer any leftovers in an hermetic container for as much as 5 days within the fridge or as much as 3 months within the freezer.
Greatest Ideas for Success
I’d love to listen to your suggestions on this recipe, so please remark under to share!
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 10 cups of a typical muffin tin with nonstick spray.
Add all components to the bowl of a meals processor and grind right into a easy batter.
Fill 10 muffin cups about 2/3 full.
Bake for 20-24 minutes or till a cake tester inserted into the middle comes out clear. Let cool for five minutes within the pan, then cool on a rack.
Serve barely heat or retailer in an hermetic container and serve chilly.
- Retailer any leftovers in an hermetic container for as much as 5 days within the fridge or as much as 3 months within the freezer.
- Serve heat out of the oven, or chilled from the fridge.
- Use very ripe bananas with brown spots for probably the most pure sweetness.
- Use honey or maple syrup.
- Use retailer purchased oat flour or grind your personal in a meals course of or blender.
- Use peanut butter or one other nut or seed butter similar to almond or Sunbutter.
- Minimize into smaller items as wanted when serving.
- Eat plain or high with peanut butter, cream cheese, or some jam.
Serving: 1muffin, Energy: 189kcal, Carbohydrates: 20g, Protein: 7g, Fats: 11g, Saturated Fats: 2g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g, Monounsaturated Fats: 4g, Trans Fats: 1g, Ldl cholesterol: 33mg, Sodium: 127mg, Potassium: 279mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 9g, Vitamin A: 63IU, Vitamin C: 2mg, Calcium: 69mg, Iron: 2mg
This put up was first printed October 2018.